September 30, 2018
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
My all-time favorite Butternut Squash Soup recipe! Whenever the weather starts to change, I’m inclined to make this fall staple. It’s super easy to make, naturally gluten free and so incredibly cozy and delicious.
1 medium sized butternut squash cut up in cubes
1 medium carrot
1 small onion, sliced
1 small garlic, minced
½ cinnamon stick
A pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Oil baking sheet. Place squash, cut side down on baking sheet. Bake under squash is very soft, about 45 minutes.
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-low heat. Mix in onion, garlic and cinnamon. Cover pot and cook until onion is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked squash and 5 cups of chicken broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Discard cinnamon.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender. Return soup to pot. Season soup with salt and pepper. Bring to simmer, thinning soup with more broth if necessary.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Add a drizzle of truffle oil or coconut milk and a sprinkle of nutmeg.